Property Disposal Information
The online Surplus Disposal Request (SDR) will replace the Surplus Property Report (20.76.11). The Surplus Property Report will no longer be used. The new online SDR will be your record of disposal. To have Surplus Stores pick up your items or if you would like to drop your items off at Surplus Stores, you must complete the online SDR.
*PLEASE READ SDR Online INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO FILLING YOUR ONLINE SURPLUS DISPOSAL REQUEST*
To submit a Surplus Disposal Request (SDR) go to myFacilities, log on using your AD account, click on “Work Requests”, then select “Request pick-up or drop-off of Surplus items”.
Laptops: If you’re sending laptops to surplus and they do not have a WSU inventory number please contact Property Inventory prior to submitting them on the SDR. If your laptop has a WSU Inventory number but is not found when the number is entered, please contact Property Inventory prior to submitting on the SDR. Surplus stores staff will only pickup laptops that are listed on the SDR as University Inventory or with prior approval from Property Inventory.
Items Not Accepted by Surplus
- Hazardous Chemicals or Waste
- Sharps such as used needles, used surgical knives.
- Friable Asbestos
- Batteries (used alkaline batteries, example AA, C, D, AAA, 9volt)
- Jars or containers that contain liquids and powders
- Barrels that contain oil or hazardous residues
- Glass Thermometers that contain Mercury