Surplus Disposal Request Instructions
To Have Surplus Pick Up Your Items
Select your facility:
- The easiest way to select your facility is to click your cursor into the facility box and begin typing the name of the building where your items are located. It will begin filtering and you can simply choose your building.
- Then move on to the room number where your items are located or select “Other”
To Drop off Your Items at Surplus
- If you wish to drop off your items at Surplus Stores, click your cursor into the facility box and type “Surplus Stores Bldg”. Next, skip the room number and check the box “Other”. Then you should type “your departments name Drop Off”. Example: Housing and Dining Drop Off. Or WSU Tri-Cities Drop Off.
To Send Your Items to State Surplus
- If your location requires you to use State Surplus in Tumwater, click your cursor into the facility box and type “Surplus Stores Bldg”. Next, skip the room number and check the box “Other”. Then you should type “your extension name State Surplus”. Example: Vancouver State Surplus. Or Mt. Vernon State Surplus. Surplus Stores will use your submitted list to notify State Surplus, so please be accurate with your list of surplus items. Make sure you have your SDR printed and ready for signature when State Surplus shows up.
To Trade in a Piece of Equipment
- If you wish to trade in equipment on a new purchase, click your cursor into the facility box and type “Surplus Stores Bldg”. Next, skip the room number and check the box “Other”. Then you should type “your departments name Trade In”. Example: Housing and Dining Trade In.
Describe your items. Note: This online system does not save your work. See Tips for more info.
- Use the drop downs “Category” and “Sub Category” that best describes your item.
- Once you have selected both categories put in the WSU Inventory number or the Departmental Inventory number.
- If the system does not find your inventory number follow the onscreen prompt
- If your item does not have an inventory number, just type the quantity.
- In the “Official Description” box, type your item description.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Continue this step for each one of your items.
- If you only have one item scroll down the page for Step 3.
Once you are done entering your surplus items, you can use the comments box for any additional information. If you are dropping off surplus at our location, please indicate that along with what day and approximate time you will be coming so we can have someone available to assist you.
If you are not your area equipment coordinator you will need to choose your equipment coordinators name from the drop down list. All SDR’s whether they contain inventoried items or not will require your equipment coordinators approval. This is done to insure items are not sent to surplus that may have an intended use somewhere else in your department.
Submitting the SDR if you ARE NOT the area equipment coordinator:
- Now you can click the “Submit” button.
- By selecting your equipment coordinators name it will send them an email to approve your SDR.
- Be sure to tell your area equipment coordinator that when they log into myFacilities to approve the SDR, they must print the form that pops ups after the approval. This record will need to be present at the time of pick up or drop off for reconciling and signatures. The printed form is also your department’s disposal record and will need to be filed according to the WSU Retention Schedule.
Submitting the SDR if you ARE the area equipment coordinator:
- When you click the “Submit” button, a window will pop up asking you to print the SDR.
- You must print this record as it will need to be present at the time of pick up or drop off for reconciling and signatures. The printed form is also your department’s disposal record and will need to be filed according to the WSU Retention Schedule.